Saturday, July 24, 2010

Very sad for our family...

My dear sweet Grandma had another stroke Wednesday night and is not doing well. We believe after speaking with her doctor that she will only have a few more days here with us. She cannot speak, eat or drink but does recognize me and responds to a few questions with a shake or nod of her head. Our main efforts now are to keep her comfortable -- God bless the nursing home staff and hospice for all their care and concerns.

Her is a picture of her July 8th on her 93rd birthday....



4 comments:

  1. Oh Jacklyn, I'm so sorry. I lost my g'ma a few years ago. Please treasure these final moments, they can be so amazing and tender. I was holding my g'ma's hand when she passed. It's a life changing event, like birth. It is a birth into her real life. I hope that her last days are filled with her loving family, peace and joy. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this news, Jacklyn! I will be praying for you and your family during the coming days. ((HUGS))!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this Jacklyn. My (step) mom died on Easter Sunday this year and was with her at the time. I agree with what Karen said, it's like witnessing a birth, but into her eternal life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete